Pierce County Association of the Blind (PCAB) empowers independence for the visually impaired and blind through education, awareness, and interaction with the surrounding communities.
PCAB is the local chapter of the Washington Council of the Blind, a non-profit organization comprised of blind, visually impaired, and sighted persons with a broad diversity of occupations and professions. We work to:
- Elevate the social, economic, and cultural levels of the blind and visually impaired.
- Improve educational and rehabilitation opportunities for blind persons.
- Broaden vocational opportunities of the blind and visually impaired.
- Encourage and assist the blind, especially the newly blinded, to develop their abilities and to assume their responsible place in the community.
- Cooperate with the public and private institutions of and for the blind and visually impaired.
- Proud sponsors of the Tacoma Tide Beep Baseball Team.
If you are experiencing vision loss problems, eye disease or blindness PCAB is here to help and offer support, friendship, education and more! Join us each month to speak with individuals who can assist you with your needs. See our Calendar to find the next meeting time. For more information, call 253-565-9000.